Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Joyful Home-Part 7

BAKING BREAD, NOT SAUERKRAUT

Before we get very much further along in our topic, I want to set some ground rules. I will return to different aspects of these ground rules later on. I will do an apologetic about the rod from scripture in the next chapter. For now, I am assuming that you are on the same page with me. Thus, I am not trying to convince you, I am trying to give you some wisdom on how to discipline correctly.

As I mentioned in the first chapter, we are aiming at a particular kind of aroma in the home. The home should be a lovely place for all members of the family, especially for those little ones who are on the receiving end of discipline. And not just discipline in the abstract, which has many forms, but especially those who are receiving the hard side of a spanking spoon or paddle. The home should be a very pleasant and lovely place for them, as well.

The spiritual aroma of your home should be the smell of baking bread, not sauerkraut. Don’t argue with me here. I am not opposed to sauerkraut, just how it smells when it is cooking. I am not sure how anyone could bring themselves to eat the stuff after having smelled it boiling, though.

Anyway, when gearing up for discipline, bake some bread. Is that lovely smell the general and regular attitude of your home? If so, good, we are ready to get on. If not, then you need to do some rethinking and relearning of your own behavior before you can expect good results with your children. This will become increasingly clear as we move forward.

No comments: