Saturday, October 25, 2008

Signs of the Times

Judging from the signs in my neighborhood, Obama will win in a landslide. His signs outnumber McCain five to one. But I don't think people always put their vote in the front yard.

Can't exactly remember the last time I put a politcal sign in my yard. I think it was when my friend, Paul Kimmel, was running for county commissioner in Idaho. He won.

I recently put a McCain/Palin sign in my yard. Republican headquarters did not have any Palin/McCain signs. I asked. I thought about putting the sign upside down with Palin at the top of the ticket but I figured my Obama loving neighbors might think I was trying to say 'down' with the ticket. So, I reluctantly put up my sign for McCain. I asked the Republicans if they had any Pro-life signs so I could make my choice of McCain/Palin more clear but in consistent cowardice, they didn't have any.

My sign disappeared last night. I found it down at the end of my walkway, torn in half and thrown in a pile of leaves. So, I went down to the Republican HQ and got two more. I suspect the angry Obama supporter to return, so I'll only put out one sign at a time. I'll tape by torn sign together and put it out, too. By the way, the signs are free now. They had been charging $2 for them.

The last few days before the election, I'll put up all the signs I have left just to give my bitter Obama loving neighbor a chance to work out their frustration on my signs.

I've heard some doom and gloom already from Christians, lamenting the sure retribution of an Obama victory. I intend to not particiapte in it, at all. I hope Obama does not win. But if he does so, I'll hoist a nice tankard of Ale to my commander in Cheif, the Lord Jesus Christ. I'll have a smile on my face and hope in my heart. He is able to lead us well. Of His Kingdom and Government, there shall be no end. Obama will come and go but the Word of the Lord will abide forever.

No comments: