Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things I Never Noticed in the Bible

Mark 10: 14-15 Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

I have been noticing more and more the way that Jesus talks approvingly of children in the Bible. We should pay special attention to verse 15. We usually spiritualize it something like this, "Whoever does not receive the kingdom of in a childlike manner shall not enter into it." I suppose that is true enough but the verse says more than that.

It says, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child (receives the kingdom of God), he shall not enter therein. Notice what Jesus is saying. Little children, ones that Jesus can take up in His arms, infants, CAN receive the kingdom of God. This is profound and has profound results for our theology.

No comments: