Thursday, January 22, 2015

Armor of Victory

I remember when I first moved to Lynchburg often hearing the statement, “The devil’s got me down.” I was surprised to hear this. It is true that we are in a spiritual battle. But the devil is a loser. He ought not to have you down. When I say he is a loser, I don't mean it as a personal insult. I mean it quite literally. He has lost. He has lost not only the battle but he has lost the war. He has been defeated. It is past tense. Resist the devil and He will flee from you. The entire book of Ephesians is about this very point.

         There is still a battle. There are still strongholds of the enemy and resistance to the rule of Christ. But we’ve got to keep focus. We need to remember that Christ is the victor and that we are victors in Christ. Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Stand fast, therefore, with bold confidence. You who are in Jesus are not to fear. You are overwhelming victors through Jesus Christ.

No comments: